Welcome to How I Draw Folds!

Amazing! What paper did you use? Was it a Medium for 1.4 BiC? This is such a fun challenge!

My image was so ugly. I deleted it. Now it tells everybody I deleted it. Lol!

1 Like

Kyra, this is fab! These pants have weight!

2 Likes

So did you do this in Procreate, Judy? The addition of the highlights make them shine!

No, not Procreate (which is why my brain broke :joy:) —it’s fine & medium Bics with some white pastel pencil on Strathmore toned gray paper :grimacing:

2 Likes

Thx! I used fine & medium Bics with some white pastel pencil for highlights—on toned gray paper :grin:

2 Likes

I’m sure it wasn’t ugly! We’re always our own worst critics—I know I am! :blush:

2 Likes

Wow!! :heart_eyes: Ditto what France said about being able to feel the weight of these :clap::clap:

1 Like

Lesson 2. Did this one in Procreate (6B pencil brush) which was lots of fun! I need to learn how to chill out about drawing with pen & paper and stop letting it stress me so badly.

4 Likes

This is the second version. Still not a good drawing, but I learned a lot. Got lost in a lot of wrinkles and made it up. Lol!

5 Likes

I almost never work on toned background and you continue to pull it off over and over – and this one is no exception!

2 Likes

Great pants, Becky! And even if you got lost in the folds, I find them to be pretty forgiving as long as you keep the light realistic, which you did. Bravo!

2 Likes

I think this is awesome, Becky! And I’m assuming you used the 1.6mm Bic Cristal? That’s impressive!

1 Like

Thx! I’m addicted to the toned backgrounds/paper!

1 Like

Thank you so much, France!

Thank you, Judy! I used the 1.6 (for the darks, nearly going through the paper at times, oops) plus the medium point, on Moleskine.

1 Like

Here’s lesson number 3! Purple bag, purrrple bag. :purple_heart: I like parts of it, other parts, not so much. I was cruising right along when my Bic 4-color unalived, but I grabbed a Papermate Profile, which is essentially identical, & kept on going. Oh, and I had forgotten how much I love drawing on Moleskine paper!

6 Likes

This is awesome, Judy! As usual!

1 Like

I need a procreate drawing lesson from you!! Your work is amazing analog or digital!

1 Like

Thank you so much! These folds are really challenging me!

1 Like