Welcome to How I Draw Folds!

Thank you for signing up for How I Draw Folds!
I cannot wait to see how you are faring — and whether the initial abstract shapes are adding to the fun!

Let me know and share away!

1 Like

Yes! I love the idea of shapes! So helpful! What a great course! Thank you, France!

3 Likes

The opening exercise which turned into a drawing of the whole garment! Let’s have fun with folds!

5 Likes

Great start, Judy! What paper were you using? I see texture and I dig.

Thanx! Used my old faithful Strathmore toned tan. :grimacing:

1 Like

Some stuff I tried on my own before the course was released. It’s really challenging to not get lost and have it all go wonky :grimacing:. Off to start the course now to see how it’s really done. Thanks so much France :heart:

7 Likes

These are all so beautiful Teresa!! Looks like you have folds down pat! :blue_heart:

1 Like

Thank you Judy!!:heart: I am happy with them, but each attempt felt so different from the last. Need to find my groove :grimacing:

1 Like

One more from today…

6 Likes

Teresa, It will be so interesting to see the before ( which are terrific) and the after.

2 Likes

The texture on that orange bag is spot on – you muted the shine to make the fabric look really realistic. I don’t see wonky in any of these drawings, I see volume and light! Bravo, Teresa!

2 Likes

The softness is palpable – and you used restraint on the sleeve that’s on the eastern part of the drawing. Beautiful!

2 Likes

Teresa, these are gorgeous!!

1 Like

Lovely! :heart: these are all so awesome!

1 Like

Merci France :smiling_face: I’m beginning to really enjoy this! Challenging but fun.

1 Like

Great result. My Exercise was a great reminder to stay light on the pen, very light. It finally landed in the trashbin. So I went ahead with the Green Trousers with the more pronounced folds.

2 Likes

Here are my Green Pants. It took some time to get the values more or less convincing, but so much fun to draw.

4 Likes

Beautiful! :green_heart: Every time I think I’m done with mine, I mess with it some more & I think I’m making it worse. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

Lesson 1—“Black is the New Green Pants” :joy:

5 Likes