Draw Along 2, Live on May 4, 2024!

I was wondering if you were going to! :grin: This is gorg as usual. I love how dark you get your darks no matter what you’re drawing with!

3 Likes

Dodging tornados out here but looking forward to drawing him! All these drawings are wonderful!

1 Like

Wow, you even went 14B! Great darkness, Kyra.

2 Likes

7 Likes

The paper was very smooth so it was a little bit of workout. I used the 14B also on paper with some tooth (background of portrait 2) which was a lot easier to get a very black tone.

Late to the party, but totally enjoyed the draw along replay! Thank you, France! Love the feel of the Blackwing Matte on Moleskine.

6 Likes

Frustrated, but not defeated. After three tries, I can’t get past the block in for this drawing. I keep telling myself just to break it down into shapes, but then the proportions are way off. So, I applaud everyone who has finished this drawing and I will draw from your inspiration and try again after I go tackle portrait #9.

I said frustrated, but actually challenged and that is why I enjoy these courses.

5 Likes

This angle was challenging for sure. I started it three times and finally turned the photo upside down, which seemed to clear my brain a bit. Still not perfect, but perfection is highly overrated, right?

5 Likes

Not only was it a challenging angle, but this photo taken on the set of Star Wars didn’t have great definition – which is what drew me to it. Because when lines aren’t well defined, it forces me to focus on contrast rather than shape.

3 Likes

Love that idea! Almost like squinting, right?

Yes, very much so, Becky!

1 Like

The fourth block in was close enough, so here is my version of this drawing.

5 Likes

Nicely done, Edward!

1 Like